Diverse Borneo is a PADI five star dive centre and scuba diving instructor development centre. Diverse Borneo also known as a scuba diving training school, offering you the very best of scuba diving in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. Our logo is the one you see above. The official color is Yellow.
Diverse Borneo owns three scuba diving boats operating daily from Jesselton Point, Kota Kinabalu take just ten minutes to reach Tunku Abdul Rahman Park (TARP) encompassing five islands, a scuba diving Malaysia paradise that should not be missed.
Our team of PADI dive professionals, whilst maintaining a very high standard of safety and group control ensure your visit to TARP is a unique, relaxed and memorable experience in the waters of scuba diving Malaysia’s realm.
Officially opened on the 16th March 2009, Diverse Borneo Sdn Bhd was formed due to the lack of dive equipment shops in Kota Kinabalu. After the granting of our tourism licence in September 2009, our operations quickly expanded to include scuba diving trips activity and teaching scuba diving course under PADI regulations. Diverse Borneo uses PADI teaching tools as main education material, includes DVD, books and manual. All PADI books used by Diverse Borneo are multilingual and are mainly online manuals.
A month later Diverse Borneo became an official PADI dive centre, and by January 2011, fifteen months since inception, we were awarded by PADI a 5 Star Instructor Development Centre’ (IDC) status, the highest level in the PADI scuba diving education system. We successfully have been teaching PADI instructors and to date we have a 100% record.
As a testament to the strong efforts of our team, Diverse Borneo consistently receives strong reviews and recommendations online and is currently rated in the top #6 attractions in Kota Kinabalu on Tripadvisor.com amongst others. We have been awarded numerous awards from PADI with the latest being the best PADI dive operator in the world in November 2013.
Here are the awards and certifications received by Diverse Borneo.
- Certificate Of Excellence awarded by TripAdvisor.com.my for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- 5 Star Dive Centre certification awarded by PADI on 15th April 2010.
- 5 Star Instructor Development Center certification awarded by PADI on 16 Jun 2011.
- Outstanding Contribution To Diver Acquisition 2013 awarded by PADI Asia Pacific.
- Outstanding Contribution To Instructor Development 2012 awarded by PADI Asia Pacific.
- Outstanding Contribution To Diver Education 2011 awarded by PADI Asia Pacific.
Diverse Borneo’s head office is conveniently located on the ground floor of the tourism building Wisma Sabah in the city centre of Kota Kinabalu, next to Wisma Merdeka, in front of Gaya Centre Hotel besides Suria Sabah lifestyle shopping mall. We have the dive equipment centre at Jesselton Point ferry terminal. At the islands we use Padang Point, Gaya island which is fully serviced as our daily base.
Diverse Borneo is owned by Mr Mark Peter Hedger who is also the Managing Director as well as the full-time Course Director (highest possible ranking in the PADI scuba diving level system) and in charge of all professional scuba diving training. He also trained all the dive team under Diverse Borneo to become certified divers in professional level.
Excluding the board of directors, our team consists of..
- five (5) fully qualified and insured full time PADI instructors with various levels.
- four (4) PADI Divemasters.
- three (3) boat captains.
- one (1) technician.
- one (1) full time compressor operator.
- one (1) night security.
We continuously work with five (5) other scuba diving instructor from Kota Kinabalu during our busy periods. All of the dive team is Malaysian.
Our head office and scuba diving shop is managed by Mr Alban Samuel that handles the scuba diving booking schedule and our land tour sightseeing operations schedule, one (1) in which we employ a full time accountant, two (2) office staff and two (2) drivers.
In the Scuba Diving Community
Although relatively a newly formed company, the Diverse Borneo team has extensive and strong relationships within the dive community here in Kota Kinabalu as well as throughout Sabah and Malaysia. Within the local community we are the No.1 training agency with over 1000 certifications annually.
Our Main Services
Diverse Borneo Sdn Bhd, as a fully licensed tour company and officially authorised PADI five star instructor development centre offer a wide range of services to both local and worldwide guests. Our main services are as follows.
- Scuba diving trips near Kota Kinabalu
- Learning facilities for scuba diving beginners and dive professionals,
- Holiday tours and sightseeing.
- Scuba diving equipment sales and technical servicing.
- Boat transportation service to scuba diving sites around Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP).
Scuba Diving Courses
Complete range of PADI courses: Discover Scuba Diving, Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, Specialty Courses, Emergency First Response, Rescue Diver, Divemaster and Open Water Scuba Instructor. Leisure diving in Tunku Abdul Rahman Park. Snorkelling trips in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP). Dive packages to Sipadan, Mabul, Mantanani, Kapalai, Turtle Islands and Layang-Layang. 120 scuba tanks, 20 nitrox tanks, two BAUER compressors, 50 full sets of BCD and Regulators plus numerous sets and sizes of fins, wetsuits and masks.
Integral to the dive courses we teach is the in depth theory that is paramount to sustainable diving. Our operations also include a 15 person classroom located in 4th floor of Wisma Sabah, fully equipped with modern digital E-learning facilities, air conditioning system, tables and chairs.
We offer tours to all of Sabah’s eco-tourism hot spots such as Mt Kinabalu, Poring Hot Springs, Cultural Village, River Cruises, Tip of Borneo and Sepilok amongst many others. We currently operate Mount Kinabalu on a daily basis.
Diving Equipment Sales and Servicing
Diverse Borneo has a fully equipped retail outlet catering for all diving needs from fins, masks, regulators, wetsuits to computers. Diverse Borneo is the only authorized MARES diving centre, supplier and lab for MARES diving equipment in Sabah. We owned a dedicated maintenance room for the servicing all scuba diving equipments.
Diverse Borneo owns three fully insured and licensed (by Sabah Ports) dive boats for our scuba diving trips. These boats travel every day to the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP). They are 28 feet and 35 feet custom designed speed boats powered by Yamaha 150HP 4 stroke engines, finally a 32 feet Catamaran with twin Yamaha 250HP.
All boats owned by Diverse Borneo are fully equipped with the basic safety equipment of life vest and rings, fire extinguisher, paddle, whistle, lights, first aid kits, emergency oxygen GPS navigation, depth finder and radio. Our boats are captained by local Malaysian who ensures a safe 15 minute ride to the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP) for scuba diving.
We also are affiliated with many operators of accommodation in both Kota Kinabalu and inland, which also enables us to direct as well as recommend accommodation based on our clientele needs. We have our own accommodation located at Gaya Street, Kota Kinabalu for our guest from outside Kota Kinabalu.
Environmental Impact Assessment
Diverse Borneo understands the importance of the environment and the role it plays for current and future generations to come. Our operations exercises due diligence in:
- Awareness of the goods we purchase and consume, and the cost to the environment in the production of those goods.
- Active demonstration of Reduce, Re-use and Recycle philosophy. Firstly by reducing the amount of products we use to a bare minimum, re-using products to avoid purchasing more and lastly to recycle residual waste to minimise landfill.
- Continual education of both staff and guests of the importance of protecting the environment.
Out in the Ocean
As every journey begins with that first step, we believe in the power we have not as individuals, but collectively as a group to help protect and maintain our marine ecosystems for future generation to enjoy.
- Underwater clean-ups of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (TARP).
- Reporting of fish bombing and trapped nets to Sabah Parks.
- Introduction of the underwater world to people via diving courses and excursions.
- Raising awareness of the marine ecosystem and ways to protect it.
Active Member Of Scuba Diving Community
- Underwater Cleanups and Marine Debris Prevention.
- Coral Reef Conservation, Monitoring and Data Collection.
- Shark Education, Reporting and Conservation.
- Improved Management Policies and Marine Protection Efforts.
- Environmental Training for Divers and Education Programs for Kids.
Diverse Borneo is also has active participation in:
- International Clean-Up Day.
- Coral Watch.
- International Whale Shark Project.
- Dive for Earth Day.
Diverse Borneo is your best choice for scuba diving in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. Book a trip today and enjoy scuba diving with Diverse Borneo!
Have A Question? Ask Us!