Kapalai Diving Package
This page contains diving and non diving package at Kapalai Dive Resort.
The package is valid for travelling period from 1st April 2016 until 30th March 2017 only.
The closest airport to Kapalai is Tawau.
Tawau is a small city approximately one hour drive from Semporna jetty by minivan. Semporna is the speed boat departure point to Kapalai and nearby islands includes Sipadan and Mabul.
Rates quoted are based on per person – minimum 2 Adults per room. You will be staying in a chalet bedroom with twin/double bed.
Kapalai is famous for its scuba diving and surrounded by gentle sloping reefs from 2 to 40 meters deep. There is only one private resort on the island and the rest of island area is uninhabited just like you see in the picture above.
Diving Package Price (For Certified Divers)
- 2 NIGHTS – RM2,426 per person.
- 3 NIGHTS – RM3,363 per person.
- 4 NIGHTS – RM4,410 per person.
- 5 NIGHTS – RM5,457 per person.
- 6 NIGHTS – RM6,505 per person.
- minimum 2 persons.
Diving Package Price (Certified Diver – Single Traveler)
- 2 NIGHTS – RM3,153.00.
- 3 NIGHTS – RM4,371.00.
- 4 NIGHTS – RM5,733.00.
- 5 NIGHTS – RM7,094.00.
- 6 NIGHTS – RM8,456.00.
- Single or solo traveler is subjected to Single Supplement Surcharge for OWN CHALET with NO SHARING option.
Non Diving Package Price (Minimum 2 Persons)
- 2 NIGHTS – RM1,940 per person.
- 3 NIGHTS – RM2,690 per person.
- 4 NIGHTS – RM3,528 per person.
- 5 NIGHTS – RM4,366 per person.
- 6 NIGHTS – RM5,204 per person.
Non Diving Package (For Single Traveler)
- 2 NIGHTS – RM2,523.00
- 3 NIGHTS – RM3,497.00
- 4 NIGHTS – RM4,586.00
- 5 NIGHTS – RM5,676.00
- 6 NIGHTS – RM6,765.00.
- Single/Solo traveler is subjected to Single Supplement Surcharge for OWN CHALET with NO SHARING option
- You CANNOT change package from Diving to Non Diving or Non Diving to Diving once booking is confirmed.
- Divers have to decides between DIVER package or NON-DIVER package throughout their stay.
- The transfer process (for boat transfer & land transfer) are based on Seat in Coach. This is the term used for sharing in transfer or tour; therefore guests that are in Seat in Coach basis will be sharing vehicle and have other tourist with them on the tour.
- There are maybe multiple pickups & drop-offs throughout the journey. Do expect some short waiting time.
- 59 chalets, most of them are twin bedrooms and triple bedrooms.
- Bathroom with shower and bathtub.
- Basic toiletries.
- Coffee and tea making.
- 220 volts electrical points in bedroom.
- Chalets linked by miles of wooden walkways.
- Broadband internet access.
- Satellite phone calls.
- Sundeck with free sitting area.
Kapalai Diving Package Includes
- ONE way scheduled land transfer and return (SIC basis) – airport TAWAU/Hotel In Tawau to KAPALAI private jetty at Semporna – 80 minutes.
- ONE way scheduled boat transfer and return (SIC basis) – KAPALAI private jetty at Semporna to KAPALAI Resort – 45 minutes.
- Accommodation at Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort.
- Fresh Buffet Meals – breakfast/lunch/dinner throughout the stay.
- Afternoon snacks – served at the restaurant daily.
- Tea/Coffee, cold water and cordial – served throughout the day at the restaurant daily.
- Snorkel around the resort – from Kapalai Dive Centre only.
- 3 guided boat dives daily – except on arrival & departure day (diver package only).
- Unlimited house reef dive in front of Kapalai Dive Centre, this is an unguided dive & must be accompanied by buddy (diver package only).
- Night dives in front of Kapalai Dive Centre, this is an unguided dive & must be accompanied by buddy (diver package & diver with night dive experience only).
- Tank, weight and weight belt are provided (diver package only).
- Alcoholic / carbonated / fruit juice beverage.
- Semporna Jetty Terminal Fee – RM10.60 per person.
- Scuba Equipment rental.
- Sipadan Permit – RM42.40 per person (to be paid at the resort).
- Anything not stated in the inclusions of the package.
To dive in Sipadan while at Kapalai Dive Resort your stay MUST be at least minimum 3 NIGHTS and this will get you at least 1 day (3 dives) over at Sipadan. No Sipadan Visit under Non Diving Package.
Check In And Check Out Time
- Check-In Time to Chalet – 2.00pm.
- Check-Out Time from Chalet – 12.00pm.
Meals And Daily Serving Time
- Breakfast: 7.00am – 10.30am
- Lunch: 12.30pm – 2.00pm
- Dinner: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
- Strictly no outside food & drinks allowed in the resort.
Boat Schedule (Fixed departure time)
- From Semporna Jetty to Kapalai Resort – 10.00am, 12.30pm and 3.00pm.
- From Kapalai Resort to Semporna Jetty – 6.30am, 9.30am and 1.30pm.
Flight Timing Guide (To Follow Boat Schedule)
1. Arrival Timing Guide.
- Book the earliest flight to arrive at Tawau.
- Make sure you arrive at Tawau Airport before 1:55pm for transfer to Kapalai Resort on same day.
- First daily boat transfer to Kapalai Resort from Semporna is at 10:00 am so suitable arrival time by flight from Kota Kinabalu at Tawau Airport is around 07:40 am.
2. Departure Timing Guide.
- Book any flight from 10:00 am onward.
- To stay up to last departure boat at 1:30 pm from Kapalai, earliest flight to look for is anytime from 5:00 pm.
Itinerary In Brief
Below is a sample itinerary of a typical trip to Kapalai Dive Resort with 3 nights stay. This is for general information only. The specific of your trip may vary depending on changes in transportation schedules or weather condition. Check in at 1000hrs via Boat Transfer.
Day 1: Arrival Day
- Pick-up from airport. Overland transfer to PSR Private Jetty in Semporna (80 minutes) for boat departure to Kapalai at 10:00AM. Boat journey will take about 50 minutes. Arrived Kapalai, check in.
- First boat schedule into the resort at 10AM, divers will get guided 1 orientation dive and 1 boat dive.
- Second boat schedule into the resort at 12:30PM, divers will get guided 1 orientation dive.
- For those who are arriving at the resort via 3PM boat transfer in will not be able to do any diving on the arrival day. They will do 3 boat dives on the 2nd day one of which the dive is the orientation dive.
Day 2 Until Day 3: Full Stay in Kapalai
- Divers will have 3 dives daily.
- Unlimited jetty dive + night dive for Advanced Level Diver only.
- Please note Kapalai Dive Resort diving policy : Strictly NO fly policy within 24 hours after the last dive.
- All dive schedule will be arranged by the resort’s dive centre accordingly.
Day 4: Departure Day
- Free & Easy.
- Check out from Kapalai via 1:30PM boat transfer.
- END OF SERVICE.
*Proposed flight times are for reference purposes only and are not updated in real-time.
*Please check with the respective airline(s) and their flight schedules for up to date information and booking details.
What They Say About Diving In Kapalai
Review by C_G_Crowley from Perth, Australia. – “Magnificent Location & Resort” – We went to dive Sipadan which we were lucky enough to dive there for two days. Diving is fantastic, visibility was good, dive shop staff extremely helpful, hire equipment is well managed, clean towel each day, breakfast & lunch provided on Sipadan and very good. Resort is amazing, built over the water with long walkways, no land, turtles swimming under the room and snorkeling just out the front door. Huge room (unfortunately we had three single beds) clean, good facilities, beautiful view from the balcony. Rooms are very private due to being separate dwellings. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Buffet meals were average and the guinness was reasonably priced. WiFi not the best and only accessible in the restaurant. We definitely recommend this dive resort, you will not be disappointed.” – original text from Trip Advisor website.
Have A Question? Ask Us!