PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE
PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE IN KOTA KINABALU
Become a PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park in style taught by a professional PADI Course Director. During the PADI AI course, you will not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education which you will learn in full during the PADI IDC in Kota Kinabalu. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to achieve your goal of PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course (AI) is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) and successful performance at the Instructor Examination (IE), leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course runs for around four days. A typical course schedule is below
- Course Orientation
- Business of Diving – online version (optional)
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System – online version
- General Standards and Procedures – online version
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
- Teaching PADI Specialty Diver Courses – online version
- Marketing Diving – online version
- Teaching in Confined Water Presentation
- Knowledge Development Teaching Presentation 1
- Knowledge Development Teaching Presentation 2
- 4 Es Counseling Workshop 1
- Start Diving – online version
- Risk Management – online version
- Conducting Open Water Dives
- Standards Exam
- Keep Diving – online version (optional)
- Skill Demonstration Workshop and 800 m/y swim
- Confined Water Teaching Presentation 1
- Open Water Teaching Presentation 1
- Rescue assessmentConfined Water Teaching Presentation 2
- PADI Instructor Manual.
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching.
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual, or Peak Performance Buoyancy guide manual, Project AWARE manual and AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation manual.
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual.
- Recreational Dive Planner – RDP Table and eRDPML, including Instructions for Use booklets.
- How to Use and Choose Dive Computers book.
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet.
- Adventures in Diving Manual.
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual.
- Rescue Diver Final Exams booklet.
- PADI Divemaster Manual.
- Divemaster Final Exams booklet
- Aquatic Cue Cards for Open Water Diver, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver, Divemaster and Discover Scuba Diving.
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation slate.
- Open Water Training Dive Lesson Planning slate.
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving.
- Diving Knowledge Workbook or eRecord for Dive Theory Online.
WHAT PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR CAN DO:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Instructor fee’s
- Boat fee
- Equipment rental
- Sabah park dive permit
- Jetty fee
- Drinking water
- Be a PADI Divemaster first or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives.
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
✓ Excludes Assistant Instructor Materials
✓ RM2,120 for the PADI’s Guide to Teaching pack
✓ Assistant Instructor Application Fee – AU$108.00